A Visit to a Naturopathic Doctor
The first visit to a naturopathic doctor will take from 60 to 90 minutes, to allow for a thorough understanding of you and your health concerns. During this visit, the ND will:
- Discuss your medical history.
- Ask questions regarding diet, exercise, sleep patterns, and general health habits.
- Discuss your stress level and other external factors that influence health.
- Perform a physical exam.
- Review old lab tests and other medical records.
- Order additional lab tests, if needed.
- Answer questions.
Your naturopathic doctor will then create and discuss an individualized treatment plan for you and schedule a follow-up visit two to four weeks later to evaluate progress and review the results of any new lab tests. The frequency of future visits will be scheduled as needed on an individual basis.
Please click on the tabs to the left for more details about diagnosis, treatment approaches, cost and results.